passive regen

vinny933

Question

2019 granite , i have another post here where i found exhaust gasket leaking which seemed to help keep soot level in check . i took the truck to mack they said 7th injector was partially clogged and replaced it. so while there i had dpf filter cleaned 2 weeks later truck asked for a parked regen is this normal. mack says its fine as long as it completes regen. i had this truck since new 3 years never ask for a parked regen until this year. motor is still under warranty i want it fixed if there is something wrong   egr / turbo/ injectors. what to look for or tell mack to look at

Onyx...  I have to say...   I hate these trucks...   However, when you 'Post'..  You are diplomatic..   This is an area where you can 'Shine'..   Keep getting smarter about these 'POS' trucks..  You will help so many guys here in the NEAR future..  Jojo

• Like 1

If it’s completing regens then all is good. It may be just where you’re driving at? Like stop and go….You mentioned in your last topic that when you took the turnpike home it did a passive regen. Passive regen is when the soot can be burned off through normal operating temps and steady driving speeds. No 7th injector needed. Only during active/parked regen. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling
  • Like 1

Have you changed you air drier cartridge lately? If not do so! Wet air can take out the hi module! This is just a comment not a fix for your issue! It all could come down to where you were driving lately long drives heavy loads keep the regens away! As stated!

• Like 1

Yes it's a dumptruck as matter a fact bin running dirt last 2 weeks non stop pretty much little idling.  Last 2 days stay just below the yellow line on soot level , went down just a little  on second day drove home went to park and parked regen needed came on

Not really  just seems wrong to have to do a regen 9 days after getting  filter cleaned  at the dealer.  Feel like I pissed away 2300 dollars. It's the same roads same way of driving for 3 years of no parked regen. I can't be running asphalt this summer and telling contractors every couple of weeks hold on I need an hour for myself. Now I understand why people  delete this garbage 

• Like 1

God Bless you Vinny.....   I wish there was a better way for you guys..  I WAS a truck mechanic for 25 years, and every time I see guys like you, with the frustration and High costs for repairs, I would kringe and Cry real tears, (On the Inside)...   So Sorry...  With respect.... Jojo

• Like 2

I see you’re from New Jersey. You don’t happen to be taking this truck to one of the Bergeys truck centers Jersey locations do you? When you had the dpf cleaned did you see what it looked liked before it was cleaned? Did they clean the doc? Go ahead and check all connections on exhaust and intake that you can. You may have an egr valve issue but we can worry about that later. 

I did a aftertreament test with ptt while doing I saw what appeared to be a leak around  the same spot where I. Changed  the gasket  on the defuser.  I ordered a new pipe. Gonna change both pipes defuser and bellow pipe . Had to order it 

• Like 1

Ok I changed the pipe from the turbo back instead of just giving me fuel doser gasket they gave me the doser with gasket and bolts so i decided to change doser.do i need to do adaptive reset.. even tho mack had changed it a week before ? Did regen with ptt and it finished