2005 Mack engine

Fosterz

Question

5 answers to this question

You can take the 11KBA# from that tag and call your favorite Mack dealer. Tell them you just got this truck and you want to keep up on maintenance, or some B.S. and you would like to be clear about what you have...  

Sometimes it’s referred as a E7 engine. The E7 came out around 1987-1988. And was a updated /refined E6 . The ETECH came along in 1998 and it was also referred to by Mack as a E-7.  When the CCRS came out in 2002 ( updated ETECH) it still listed by Mack as a E7 . Finally in late 2003/early 2004 the ASET AC and AI engines came out and Mack dropped the E-7 reference from what I can tell .   In reality your AI engine is a E7 because the heart and design of the engine is just a updated ( to meet emission requirements) ETECH engine . 

• Like 1

Thank you for the info the reason I’m trying to find out exactly as I’ve read on some of these forms about the 4–2 code fan clutch output (my fan is stuck on all the time )and I wanted to make sure the negative on ECU was the same which I believe somebody said was J1 pin 9

i’m checking volts today and continuity of the ground to the ECU

You have the electric viscous or the air fan clutch? If air , fuse 41 in the fuse box out on the fire wall supplies 12 volts  to solinoid , the ground returns to J1 pin 9 as you said . The J1 connection is the top connector on a CV as the engine ecm is on its side. Fuse 41 also powers the pto and torque limit harness on to of the trans, as well as the freon high pressure switch 

• Like 1