R model compressor govenor

Paulie

Question

Bought truck and realized there was no air dryer on truck.  I can see where they disconnected the lines.  There is the main line that goes in and out. Then there’s a smaller line that runs up to air compressor but is disconnected.  Believe it goes to the air governor.  Does anyone have a picture of compressor and govenor so I can see how to connect.  

Edited by Paulie
Spelling

when you say "can see where they disconnected the lines" are you referring to the lines to the air dryer which is no longer there ? the small (1/4 in ) line would go from the governor unloader port = center port between the two 5/16 mounting bolts  or same center port on flat side of governor to the air dryer (service port ). discharge from compressor to air dryer= air dryer to wet side of air tank.

heres my secret.......  go to the web... and type in,,  Basic air dryer and governor diagram.....    I answer so many questions by doing this...  I copy and Paste,  and Vwalla...   :) jojo

• Like 2

and I always thought you went to this massive library of truck books in your shop.. secrets out now 😃, the fleets i had anything to do with. we always disconnected the heater to air dryer for the warm months. to some dialectic grease and covered the terminals . why run the element in 80 degrees

• Like 1

I only have around 100 books,  but its easier to go to the web while im in my jammie's, then go out to my shop and flip pages....   You'll know when I'm posting from my REAL book's...   :)  jojo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Onyx,,, is that the one with the bolt through the bottom that holds the filter in place? or is it the small one with the screw on filter? 

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 1

Air dryer lines are there. They put a 1/2 inch fitting and connected them together. The 1/4 line is disconnected at left on frame where air dryer was suppose to be.  Other end by compressor is also disconnected, not sure where to hook up. Your saying to run to 1/4 inch line to govenor?  

1 minute ago, Onyx610 said:

I don’t like the AD-9 because of all those stupid rusty nuts/bolts you have to take off. 

that's why it was cheaper to exchange  when time was concern. after it's all apart; install had those o-rings that leaked . 

• Like 2