Govenor

mack88

18 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Im pretty sure the Air compressor is driven from the injection pump so it will have to be removed. I'd say if you take the governor off without the rest of the pump the rack might be Impossible to retime 

If its AMBAC its doable on the truck ! I Have done it! The governor can be removed with out disturbing segments  and rebuilt if you can find a Good fuel shop to deal with It!

• Like 1

Pump serial number starts with PLM waiting for calls back from pump shops so poured diesel injector cleaner in tanks yesterday  after half hour couldn't believe the difference it made idle almost perfect bumpy side road still a little surging I change fuel filters on oil changes

• Like 1

Back in the late 80’s one of the old guys I worked with was messing with a rough running E7 . He pulled the  fuel filters which had been replaced trying to fix the miss . He poured out diesel. Then re-filled with half with diesel other half automatic transmission fluid. Within 5 minutes it was running like new . Not saying put ATF in there but looked like a miracle to me . 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mackpro said:

Back in the late 80’s one of the old guys I worked with was messing with a rough running E7 . He pulled the  fuel filters which had been replaced trying to fix the miss . He poured out diesel. Then re-filled with half with diesel other half automatic transmission fluid. Within 5 minutes it was running like new . Not saying put ATF in there but looked like a miracle to me . 

Its a bit pricey But I always like to recommend Standyne  lubricity formula as a last go to, before having to pull a fuel pump ,if it don't cure the issue it is a pump shop job! seen the stuff smarten up pumps many times!

24 minutes ago, fjh said:

Its a bit pricey But I always like to recommend Standyne  lubricity formula as a last go to, before having to pull a fuel pump ,if it don't cure the issue it is a pump shop job! seen the stuff smarten up pumps many times!

I use Opti-Lube XPD all the time.  Great lubricity additives in it.

With this ultra-low sulfur fuel, I don't think it's a bad idea to put a little something in there.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."