First start in 10yrs

23 minutes ago, james j neiweem said:

The cab looks good and good oil pressure! Seats are replaceable.

Overall it’s in good condition, there are obviously some things that will need attention but for the most part it’s really solid.

33 minutes ago, mowerman said:

i suppose this isnt a surprise,,but it looks axactly like mine inside...that driver seat doesnt look like you can even sit on it lol.bob

Well, Bob, I wouldn't want to sit on it.  But, some might.  I try not to judge!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I’m sure most of you guys are familiar most of those East Coast R models were beat to death And put away wet most of them went to the scrap yard because there was nothing left to sell off of them ha ha this one is exceptional… bob

Edited by mowerman
Misspelled
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Good old R611!  Could be the ENDT-673C, 250 HP.  One of the best Thermodynes, in my humble opinion.

What tranny does it have?

Great to see one with the interior still green, and not painted over same as the cab during a re-paint.  And, that's the "early" green interior, before they went dark.

It is in fact the ENDT673C.  As for the transmission I’m not 100% on the exact model but it is a Mack 10 speed direct transmission. 5 speed with a two speed brownie.  The truck was originally red and the original purchaser painted it white so I’m glad they kept the green interior cause I like it.

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

i suppose this isnt a surprise,,but it looks axactly like mine inside...that driver seat doesnt look like you can even sit on it lol.bob

The seat not only was old but a couple of raccoons got in there cause the window is stuck down about 6in and they had fun and then died.  Haha.  

• Like 1

Most of us have weird issues when the trucks sit around a long time I had a cat living in mine around 20 years ago I had the doghouse off for a while I have since put it in still got lots of bees flying around it’s starting to be there a season are usually have to spray the hell out of it this time of year to get rid of them I think they mostly live up in the headliner … bob 

• Like 1

I would suggest that you sprayed for hornets They set up camp in my DM every year on the clock ha ha that thing looks amazing best of luck to you partner you’re really not going to need a whole lot to get her in shape from what I see the truck is in a lot better shape than mine is…  mine needs a lot of work but thank God it’s all a lot of small stuff just mainly elbow grease bob 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

I would suggest that you sprayed for hornets They set up camp in my DM every year on the clock ha ha that thing looks amazing best of luck to you partner you’re really not going to need a whole lot to get her in shape from what I see the truck is in a lot better shape than mine is…  mine needs a lot of work but thank God it’s all a lot of small stuff just mainly elbow grease bob 

I’m not to worried about the hornets, nothing some spray can’t take care of.  Mine has a Mack 10 speed, it’s a 5 speed and two speed brownie.  Not sure what the model of transmission in it is, I’ll have to figure all that out later.  Good luck with the work on yours, hopefully I’ll be starting on mine soon.

• Like 2