Replacing Roof In a 3+ Cab 1974 Mack R700

Max Kosmider

Question

Hi all. My name is Max Kosmider. i have just recently took on my own project after being surrounded by Macks all my life. i have just purchased a 1974 Mack R-795ST with a '325' 865 V8 Maxidyne. i was hoping to get some pointers on replacing my roof skin. thanks!

4 answers to this question

Yep, been there and done that, made mine into a video so people can see how not to do it

If you have a few hours of your life to waste then clickty click on the picture and see how not to do it 🤔😀😃

I think theres maybe 17 or 18 videos, they should hopefully just follow along if not just keepp on clicking about 

Paul 

Edited by mrsmackpaul

I replaced my rood skin. used a drill with spot weld removing bit think its called a roto broach?. . drilled about 100 holes around the rain gutter and pulled the roof off. then pulled the gutters while i was there and replaced them too. the new roof was glued on with panel bond with 25 clamps holding it overnight. had to drill my own holes for the air horns and lights.

I think Hougen was one of the tool companies. it's been a while for me, I used to use them when I did frame replacements and 'A' frames in Macks..  blast from my past,,, jojo