Can ASET's be made to perform?

Oso2

OK... in my opinion,  I know these engines... If it is an ASET CEGR... run away, run very far away!!!!  the ASET IEGR's are a bit better...  however.. they have ceramic lifter rollers and I hate them... and you will too when you have to do a cam job, for the dumbest reason that a real engine would have survived from...   Jojo... I have more opinions on this....  

Listen to Joey…We have three AI engines at work in dump trucks ranging from 03-05. We haven’t had any issues with them at all and those boys can test a truck out. They don’t get ran every single day like most trucks but its definitely made up for when someone’s in the driver seat. I swear Mack should send us trucks to test out…

16 hours ago, Oso2 said:

What about the ac 427's and 460's that came in the Vision until 2007?

Or would it be better to find a Pinnacle with an MP8? (assume pre-emissions or deleting isn't an option.)

stay away from 2004 RUN AWAY ! 2005 up to 2007 sort of OK !these were a disaster first year out But once the bugs were out they were Just OK! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2021 at 1:37 PM, Oso2 said:

My understanding is that the AC's were e7's with EGR attached. What sorts of things went wrong with the 04's. Why were the 07's just okay?

And how would they compare to a 2017+ mp8?

THe first year of 2004 of these trucks we sold had 20 in stock sold ten, the other ten became parts trucks for the best part of a year! couldn't keep Turbos on them ! Mack ran out of turbos so we ended up robing trucks to keep guys running ! Manifold studs broke ,coolant push And the imfamous Fuel line Feasco ! The list was long! They finally got a handle on it in 2005 after the damage was already done! F**king Embarrassing if you were a dealer! or a real Mack guy!

• Like 1