DieselLink or NexIQ adapter?

Buying our first computerized truck, a 2003 MR688 with an AI350.  What do you guys use for diagnostic adapter and software?

I downloaded Diesel Laptop's "Diesel Explorer 2.0".  Should I get their adapter or the NexIQ?  (The current NexIQ skips out on one of the adapter plugs, while the Diesel Link has all of them. )

I plan on doing the "dead dog" backpressure remediation on this truck at some point, cam, exhaust manifold & pipe, etc.

Premium Tech Tool...  not sure about the NexiQ box, but Vocomm 8300 works... I think I got the # right. You can buy a Fleet version for around $600.00...   You have to keep up with it and log in regularly, so that you don't have to be on hold for 2 hrs, with 'tech support' but it is very handy... I look forward to more comments to help you with this tool...  I loaded the new version for a cust. 3 months ago... I believe the version was 2.8...  but the website will direct you to the latest version..  I assume it has an Alison tranny.? I do not know what you need to diagnose it... sorry... jojo

• Like 1

We have tech tool and absolutely love it. A lot of stuff it will walk you step by step through repairs and has pictures. It really is amazing all that can be done on it/accessed. It does take sometime learning how to use it though. If you have a local Mack dealer they should have someone that can come out and show you it and how to use it before you buy it. If you decide to they will come back and set you all up with it. Our dealer did anyway. Then again we are lucky to have Bergeys Truck Centers and 6 of them within 30-50 minutes from us.