Pictures of the Week

other dog

for 25 years i ran mack DM800 tractors with the 58k rears. 

first with 237, or later 285 HP engines and the "mud stick" trans.

actually, the first tractor was a B-815 with a V-8 and quad box, but that got sold after being in it for 6 months or so. 

then about 20 years ago i switched jobs and this company runs kenworth W900 with air suspention. 600 HP 15 litre cat engine with 18 speed trans.

sure makes life easier with the big engine and 18 speed. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

actually, the first tractor was a B-815 with a V-8 and quad box, but that got sold after being in it for 6 months or so. 

then about 20 years ago i switched jobs and this company runs kenworth W900 with air suspention. 600 HP 15 litre cat engine with 18 speed trans.

Did you like that V8 Mack Engine? I never ran one. I drove a 1964 Mack B with the Thermodyne and a Triplex wish I could remember what size that engine was. Thanks for sharing I enjoy reading what us older Truckers had drove brings back memories I just can like these new trucks but like you I enjoy the Power they have now. 

5 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Yes sir I remember trading in my 237 for a 350 Thermadyne Man what a big difference you can actually go somewhere what about grunting and groaning  bob

• Like 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MackSTL68 said:

Did you like that V8 Mack Engine? I never ran one. I drove a 1964 Mack B with the Thermodyne and a Triplex wish I could remember what size that engine was. Thanks for sharing I enjoy reading what us older Truckers had drove brings back memories I just can like these new trucks but like you I enjoy the Power they have now. 

it was tired, but it did the job. 

had crazy power, mainly due to gearing. top speed was 47-48 MPH.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

well the first truck i bought was a 62 F600  with a 180 non turbo,,,,back then i was only 24 and didnt realize what i was buying....thank god i was only doing mostly city work,not much highway at all....next one was a 237,but that thing wasnt much better.lol nowdays i would just walk on by both of them and say i dont want either one of them...bob