clutch master cylinder or rebuild kit for 89 Midliner

matt j

Hi - 

I'm looking for a clutch master cylinder or a rebuild kit for my new 89 Midliner.  Anybody know where I might locate such parts or something compatible that I can use to modify or rebuild the unit I have?  Looks like the piston is actually plastic.

Thanks!

Hello Matt... Welcome to the forum's.... How much on-line searching have you done? I know that Mid-liner parts are very hard to find..  made in France. Renault..... Anyway...  I'm currently building a '48 Int. K-B7.   I basically pulled the parts off, cleaned them, and hoped to find a part number... so far it's worked, and I was able to find some part's. Have you done that? I do not expect you're local Mack dealer to have the book's or concern to find the parts.. Jojo

Hey Joey - you are right on.  The local Mack dealer didn't have any documentation, and really very little desire to help. :). I called and emailed the Mack museum.  They were not any real help either. :). I searched around all the typical internet sites, including ebay, TruckID, etc.  Nobody has anything.  I did manage to get some kind of product part/reference number off the old master cylinder.  5575 FTE 479-8.  Was able to find similar matches, but not exact.  I really only need the piston (it's plastic and broken).  I've never seen a plastic piston in a master cylinder before. :)

We bought the truck to use as a water truck on a horse farm/rodeo arena, but never dreamed we couldn't run to the parts store or dealer to get parts.  Our bad.  Love the truck, but concerned it might not be the best choice for a busy working farm (regular maintenance).  

I may dig up some old masters from some random Volvo diesel engines in the junk yard and see if I can find a similar size piston in the master for those vehicles.

Those old Harvesters are sweet!  Got any pics of it?

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I will try to find something for it, is it an MS or CS 200/300p?

Hi Joey - 

Thanks for the help!  It's an MS 200 series.  The master cylinder body had the following characters cast into it: 5575 FTE 479-8

I appreciate your willingness to help. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davehummell said:

As a last resort maybe look up a little machine shop and with luck they can make a new one.

Yeah, I thought about that.  I may try that too.  I think if I could determine the piston diameter, I might be able to fix the one I have.  :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Thanks!  Yeah, I saw the one on garage-mahieu.  Slightly different number on the casting, but looks nearly identical.  Could work.  I wonder if they would ship to the US?

Mattj, Don't know If these are any help to you..

One from Russia.....

https://tehnika.agroserver.ru/zapasnye-chasti/tsilindr-laz-layner-stsepleniya-glavnyy-pod-pedalyu-5575-fte-95263.htm

One from Belgium...

https://www.garage-mahieu.com/en/article/clutch-master-cylinder-dt-5575-fte-479-6111213

I just ordered 2 Mid-Liner books from E-Bay.....  I don't know how quickly you are trying to fix youre truck, however, when I get these books, I will be glad to contact you, and e-mail spec's../ etc.   Jojo

13 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I just ordered 2 Mid-Liner books from E-Bay.....  I don't know how quickly you are trying to fix youre truck, however, when I get these books, I will be glad to contact you, and e-mail spec's../ etc.   Jojo

Thanks Joey. That would be great. Are there more books available on eBay?  I would like to have some instruction. Wiring diagrams?  The fuse block needs to be replaced. :)

is there a link to the seller for the books?

I will check foe a link and seller name and get back to you. there was a few other books there too. I just left my local Mack dealer, I asked if they had any old books that they dont need,  -no- was the answer...  jojo