Hi, I habe been looking for a mack 45s fire truck. We use to have one at our fire company but it was sold in the 60s and lost then. 

Here are some pictures of the model to know if someone have some information of where I could find one to bring to Chile to restore.

As I know, ours was stored at a warehouse during all WWII un the Us, and was discoverded in 1950 and sold to Santiago fire department, with other 2 fire trucks of the same model.

Thanks.

IMG_20210606_153643.jpg

Screenshot_20210606-154529_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210606-154603_Chrome.jpg

I know of one that is not in great shape.I am near Philadelphia Pennsylvania.  What is you budget?  Have you thought about shipping. I assume it would cost several thousand dollars to get a truck from  Chile. Mike. 

Thanks. I am not sure about budget, but It will depend on the condition of the truck and some fund rising with my colleagues. 

For the shipping maybe it can be transported inside a container, because it is not a big truck, but I am not sure.

Yes, it will fit in a container OK!!  But another thing you will have to check on is with you Chilian Customs people as to what they will let in and how much of an inspection they do?? I am assuming that on an antique vehicle there will NOT be any emissions restrictions problems? Off the top of my head contact Tony Champion in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia as he has imported many trucks from the USA and should be able to advise you on the questions you will have to ask of your customs people to see what hoops you will have to jump thru???

Brocky

58 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Yes, it will fit in a container OK!!  But another thing you will have to check on is with you Chilian Customs people as to what they will let in and how much of an inspection they do?? I am assuming that on an antique vehicle there will NOT be any emissions restrictions problems? Off the top of my head contact Tony Champion in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia as he has imported many trucks from the USA and should be able to advise you on the questions you will have to ask of your customs people to see what hoops you will have to jump thru???

Yes. Customs is an issue, but as a collection truck and/or for fire fighting I think there are some waivers.  

If this will help,, from what I’ve seen a fixer upper will only run a few thousand so all your concerns will be the transport  ….. I’d considered selling my DM a couple of times ,,,, kind of the same issue…. All the prospects are   On the other side  of the county…. Transportation $$$$ lol bob