1931 Model AC engine weight.

I bought 40hp motor for my AC Mack. It has the twin cylinder jugs. Is this the BC model motor? Also, how much does this engine weigh? It was loaded and unloaded by fork truck. I now need to use an A frame hoist to put it in the chassis. I don't want to overload the hoist. I was told by Mack Truck Historical Museum that this truck was the 2nd to last Model AC built. I would appreciate any info that can be given.

Jim

On 5/13/2021 at 4:54 AM, paulbrook said:

Weight about 800 lbs tops.

Im not disputing the weight at all as I have never even seen one of these motors and most likely never would, I just imagined it would of been heavier given the era it was made, Macks were obviously fairly advanced even back then 

Learning new things every day, thank you 

Paul

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Im not disputing the weight at all as I have never even seen one of these motors and most likely never would, I just imagined it would of been heavier given the era it was made, Macks were obviously fairly advanced even back then 

Learning new things every day, thank you 

Paul

While I can't say I have weighed one, The block is aluminum.

• Like 1

I have one out of a truck and on a stand right now. Very happy to run it around to the place next door on a forklift and pop it on their scales! But seriously, there is less heavy iron on it than most motors as someone has already said. I am not saying that you will not need a sturdy hoist, but it is definitely not in the same category as a Hercules diesel out of a Diamond T (which we put in a truck recently) Now that really was heavy!!!

• Like 2