Loose U-joint Caps

Being a hobby truck you could tighten them up with green loctite but they really need replaced. The 1710 series driveline was common to oblong those bores as well as spread the yoke so that should be checked also. IIRC the inner dimension on the 1710 is 3.092" and if spread much they will not retain grease in the joints. On a hobby truck not so bad but a working unit tends to spit the driveline citing lack of maintenance.

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I looked on the Loctite page and they recommend using 660, it's supposedly made for building up worn bores. Since it's a hobby truck hopefully that will work. I'm going to have to measure the spread like Rob said.

This will help in determining spread. I was incorrect earlier measuring across the inner dimension. It is 6.094 across the outer bearing plate mating surface for the 1710 series:

image.thumb.jpeg.1c9ac37f9f030a523d91cb1fb980d1bd.jpeg

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.