How to track down air leaks?

Dmurph2016

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

are the "Down" bags over stretched and leaking?  they look wrong... What do you see here MarkT?

I'm thinking since the air bled out the axle dropped and no air was put into the ride bags.  I've seen that at the plant. Now if air was in there if question it.

I'm thinking there is a leak at the ride bag quick release, the solenoid, or it's one of the lines between the solenoid and the quick release or between the quick release and the lift bags.

7 minutes ago, MackTech said:

I'm thinking since the air bled out the axle dropped and no air was put into the ride bags.  I've seen that at the plant. Now if air was in there if question it.

I'm thinking there is a leak at the ride bag quick release, the solenoid, or it's one of the lines between the solenoid and the quick release or between the quick release and the lift bags.

There is no air in the system so the axkes dropped, or they are overstretched? I’m not sure what that would look like? 
whays the ride back quick release? And what does the solenoid look like

1 minute ago, Dmurph2016 said:

There is no air in the system so the axkes dropped, or they are overstretched? I’m not sure what that would look like? 
whays the ride back quick release? And what does the solenoid look like

You have to understand, lots of guys are willing to help, but it's not easy without being there ( lol ) the solinoid ?  Depending make ?? They all look a little different. So not easy to describe other than it'll have airlines and a wire or two.  But even if the axle has a tiny leak and something else on the same tank leaks more... there's not enough air to keep the axle up

Just now, Mark T said:

You have to understand, lots of guys are willing to help, but it's not easy without being there ( lol ) the solinoid ?  Depending make ?? They all look a little different. So not easy to describe other than it'll have airlines and a wire or two.  But even if the axle has a tiny leak and something else on the same tank leaks more... there's not enough air to keep the axle up

I completely understand, without being here is difficult and I am trying my best to understand, but I also don’t know very much myself so it is difficult. 

2BEC736C-12C1-4D7E-A438-09613C7B9711.thumb.jpeg.bcfe0bc5c7306e14fb10a6e0b0c7097f.jpegI’m not sure why I can only upload 1 or 2 pictures at a time. But here’s a photo of under the frame. I appreciate all the help guys, I’m trying to track this down on my own but if I can’t I’ll end up having to find a shop to bring it to. 

Edited by Dmurph2016

8 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Ta-Dah!!!!  :)

What can I do to make sure the bed doesn’t come crashing down? I’m sorta afraid to be crawling around under it with it up. Is there a safe procedure or anything I’d you want to leave it up and look at the frame etc?

6 minutes ago, Mark T said:

It looks like someone added air tanks  parallel to the frame.  Those most likely supply all lift axle related air

So those 2 tanks would be working along with one of the other systems, correct? I’m trying my best to understand how it all works.

I do have some more pictures but it seems like I exceeded the data limit so not sure how I can upload them.

Edited by Dmurph2016

2 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Yes   the truck was made with the tanks that look to be aluminum. Then someone added the two.  Are you sure one of those two doesn't have a tiny hole rotted through ?

Not sure, very well could be. I just was cautious looking around with the bed up. I’ll get something to prop it and then check the tanks. Chances are they probably have pinholes rotted in them! 

I need to find a new way to attach photos to the posts, since I’m out of room and I’m not really sure how to delete pictures and whatnot. I guess I gotta get out there and check some of the likes under the bed and see what’s leaking and go from there 

Edited by Dmurph2016