What Mack to buy?

DanE88

I am looking to buy my first truck as an owner/operator. I’m looking at a few possible trucks, an 07 Mack granite CTP713 with the MP7 engine with 413k on it, an 05 or 06 Mack CV713 with the E7ami with 413k on them or an 03 Mack CH613 with 253k miles. All look like in good shape, same prices range, etc. Which of these years of trucks have the best track record? Thanks in advance!

My choice would be the 03 Ch613, simply because there are less things to worry about in terms of engine de-rates and exhaust emissions. 2003 was the last year of the ETECH engine and for the most part they had most of the bugs worked out of them. The comfort level of the CV713 is very nice along with CTP. The Aset AMI engine had a lot of power complaints and the MP7 had a lot of exhaust after treatment issues and injector cups, engine derate issues, injector harness issues and blah, blah, blah. 

It really comes down too, what will give you the best bang for your buck. Which vehicle is best suited for you and most reliable. As I said , my choice is the ETECH over the others for its simplicity and reliability. What do you think JoJo and F?

V

• Like 2

First choice is the 03 CH with the ETech in it as Vmac3 said....  the bugs were worked out mostly by that last year of production .... next choice is the granite with the AMI .... if you do software updates , set of injectors and use some old ETech parts u can have a pretty decent running truck ,dodge those MP7s 🤮as long as u possibly can 

• Like 2