Merry Christmas

mrgumby

21 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I still dont know anyone that has had the virus here in Australia so I have no opinion about how severe it is 

Paul, It is very strange. For me, I have had worse sinus infections. After the first 48 hours (with the exception of the loss of taste and smell) I felt well enough to have gone back to work. The wife though- wow it kicked her arse. She slept 18-20 hrs a day for the first 8-9 days. 

And then there are the other people that this virus is killing!!! 

Even my family Doc told me that it is the strangest virus he has ever come across in 40 years of practicing medicine. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

2 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I'm not here to say anything about the virus, but the way they are handling it is a complete farce. Put small family businesses bankrupt because they have to lockdown and close.....but billion dollar Walmart....no problem, you can have hundreds of people in your store.

Absolutely agree. 

There is something out there- many are getting sick to some degree, some are dying. But yes, it is being handled with gross incompetence. 

That's what I mean. Don't take me wrong....I am not down playing the virus. It is a serious thing for many people. But I can also see why people are getting p'd off and not taking it seriously......because the way both our governments are handling things is making it look like a complete farce.

It's almost like they are trying to make the conspiracy theories make sense, LOL

Just like the stores where mom and pop close and Walmart stays open as normal.........you can't drive across the border but you are more than welcome to fly in from anywhere in the world.

And you better not get caught visiting your relatives for Christmas, but then my gov announces they are giving a free pass for more immigrants to enter the country with no testing.

So it's no wonder people get angry and sick of hearing all the rules, when none of the rules are applied equally.

Anyway, sorry for that rant, just wanted to  make sure you didn't think I was down playing you going through the virus. And I am very glad you and your wife got through it and your kids didn't get it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Anyway, sorry for that rant, just wanted to  make sure you didn't think I was down playing you going through the virus. And I am very glad you and your wife got through it and your kids didn't get it.

No sir, never thought you were. I agree with all of your points!!! I have a close friend who had to close his restaurant- 11 years of his blood, sweat, tears and his soul. Down the toilet. In the meantime, you can pack 11,000 people into Wally world. 

Thank you, and Happy New Year to you and your family! God Bless!!!

• Like 2