E7 tuning question

Hey guys, new to the site and first time poster.  I currently have a ‘99 IH 8100 with a 370 ISM Cummins.  The truck has too short of a wheelbase so I’ve been looking for a somewhat clean late ‘80’s R model with a 350.  No luck as of yet, but I recently stumbled across a 2000 Mack RD with a 300 E7 backed by either an Allison HT740 or 750 (tbd).  It doesn’t appear to the the EM7 so I’m guessing it’s the lower torque model (around 1150 ft lb). Were the 2000 E7’s still mechanically injected or were they electronic by then.  If I were to buy the truck I’d like to get it boosted up to a 350 horse setting.  

Or...........where can a guy buy new cab panels for an older R model.  I love those old trucks.

The fuel system has changed to Electronic Unit Pumps (EUP). Your dealer will help you determine if the engine can be bumped up to that horsepower. It can be just a software update, or sometimes engine components will have to be changed. 

• Like 1

I was afraid of that.  I’m somewhat reluctant to go with a 2000 anyway as ‘99 and older gets you away from electronic logs.  I’d rather have an E6 or early E7 mechanical, then I can bolt one of my spare Allison HD4560’s behind it and tweak the pump a bit.  We used to have a ‘75 R with a 237 that was bumped up close to 350.

1. The fuel system has changed to Electronic Unit Pumps (EUP). Your dealer will help you determine if the engine can be bumped up to that horsepower. It can be just a software update, or sometimes engine components will have to be changed. 

21 hours ago, Notsooldschooler said:

Hey guys, new to the site and first time poster.  I currently have a ‘99 IH 8100 with a 370 ISM Cummins.  The truck has too short of a wheelbase so I’ve been looking for a somewhat clean late ‘80’s R model with a 350.  No luck as of yet, but I recently stumbled across a 2000 Mack RD with a 300 E7 backed by either an Allison HT740 or 750 (tbd).  It doesn’t appear to the the EM7 so I’m guessing it’s the lower torque model (around 1150 ft lb). Were the 2000 E7’s still mechanically injected or were they electronic by then.  If I were to buy the truck I’d like to get it boosted up to a 350 horse setting.  

Or...........where can a guy buy new cab panels for an older R model.  I love those old trucks.

Hello Notsooldschooler good luck on your quest to find a R model. If your looking for cab panels I have some new and used and a variety of R model parts.