E7 rpm issue

Mudman74

I have a 1997 E7 all of a sudden it will not idle and I can not rev it up past 1600 rpm full throttle. 
Fuel filters are new. I do t believe I have a line restriction. It has 22-24 psi of fuel pressure wide open. The air system doesn’t seem to have a restriction. Air cleaner is new and vacuum gauge says 0. I pulled the line of the intake to the injector pump and it will hold a vacuum. 
Any other ideas before I pull the injector pump and send it in?

What do you mean by not wanting to idle? Like starving itself for fuel to a stall, or running at higher than normal rpm at "idle"? If it truly is an all mechanical injection pump it may be the linkage. It could be out of adjustment or getting jammed up somewhere. You could disconnect the throttle linkage from the injection pump and manually open the fuel rack all the way by hand and have somebody watch your tachometer to see if it is still stopping at 1600. Just a thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 67RModel said:

What do you mean by not wanting to idle? Like starving itself for fuel to a stall, or running at higher than normal rpm at "idle"? If it truly is an all mechanical injection pump it may be the linkage. It could be out of adjustment or getting jammed up somewhere. You could disconnect the throttle linkage from the injection pump and manually open the fuel rack all the way by hand and have somebody watch your tachometer to see if it is still stopping at 1600. Just a thought.

The truck wouldn’t idle. I adjusted the stop so it would at least idle (500 rpm) which is still too low. The linkage is fine. I did unhook it. It still tops out at 1600. 

9 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

make sure the stop lever is going back to run postion all the way.If so then it may be a rack sticking and if so pump needs to go in.Water in fuel will stick a rack fast.It may be a 96 year built and just a 97 title.

I should have mentioned I checked the stop lever. 
We also have a 98 that is full mechanical and a 99 that was also. According to the dealer was original.