steering wheel filler

I used PC 7 two part with a little thinner of acetone a couple of years ago for some pretty big cracks. It did a nice job, sanded out smooth. I do have a couple of hairline cracks showing now. You have to look close but they are there

Acetone is not a good practice to add. It evaporates later and could "please" you up with such hairline cracks. Also I added acetone in the deep past into epoxy resin when made castings for modelbuilding. Wanted to minimize air bubbles decreasing surface film tension. And in 10 or so years later found out those castings became extremely brittle.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Well Harry to add, I dug out what PC 7 I had on the shelf-not sure about shelf life but it while not hard was pretty stiff-both components.  So Im thinking, "yah- I see Harry's point-have to get this workable".  But to Val's point maybe I'll just see if I can mix it up.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I would sand up a little spot on the back side of the particular wheel with fine paper, mix what you have or going to apply and put a small drop on. Than when completely hard, after a few days or a week, I would try sanding the material off and notice how well it's got adhered to the surface. If Ok wash out the cracks with soapy water or acetone, dry with hot or compressed air and bite a bullet.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I would sand up a little spot on the back side of the particular wheel with fine paper, mix what you have or going to apply and put a small drop on. Than when completely hard, after a few days or a week, I would try sanding the material off and notice how well it's got adhered to the surface. If Ok wash out the cracks with soapy water or acetone, dry with hot or compressed air and bite a bullet.

thx Vlad

• Like 1