Oil pump - 673 engine

Ed Simser

2 hours ago, Ed Simser said:

Experiencing oil low pressure on the 673 engine.  It may be bearing wear but before I rebuild I am going to drop the base and check the oil pump.  Anyone replaced one lately?   If so do you have a source for purchase and part number?    Thanks. 

A sudden loss or gradual?   terry:MackLogo:

Just bought the truck two months ago.    Former owner had not changed the oil in a long time.   Had to scoop the sledge out of the Luberfiner.  Changed the oil and filters.  Put 15-40 in it.   Noted that cold the pressure was acceptable- hot it was not good

Thanks Harry !!  Yes it is a beautiful B 61.  The former owner owned a body shop but he was lacking in maintenance prevention!!  When it is cold readings are 45 pounds at 1500 rpm.     25 at 600 rpm.    Hot, 160 degrees readings are 25 at 1500 and 7 pounds at 600 rpm. 

Mine is a 673 n/a and the readings are just about the same cold and the hot readings are 12 at idle and about 30 at rpm. I've had the valve covers and side covers off and things are fairly clean. I change oil and filter each year and don't use any oil. Maybe leak a little. The truck leads a life of leisure at about 2K miles per year.