Tire swap

eddeere

Maybe this is a stupid or question with no answer with the limited information given. I have a chance to buy ten 11R 24.5 tires and rims on aluminum rims. the tires look good with plenty of tread. My F model needs rubber and has 11R x 20 tires pilot steel disc wheels. Would it be possible to get a 24.5 steel disc rim that fit my hubs. Thanks for any advise. 

I doubt you have hub pilot but old style budd hubs, so you cannot put hub piloted rims on old style budd hubs  but you could buy aluminum or steel budd rims and install your new tires ? now if you can figure out how to do it I will trade you 24.5 old style budd aluminum rims for hub piloted rims, we have plenty left over from some trucks because as the newer trucks show up they have hub pilot.

Thanks for your help. From memory I did not see any cast wheel locators. To add to the problem the truck is New Mexico and I am in Ohio. The tires come up Saturday at an auction.  All this is confusing to me as I am new to this. Will post a picture if it may help. David I think we can do some trading which could benefit us both. What is your location.

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

those are old style budds, inner and outer nuts and tube type tires, I have rims that will fit but will require a longer inner stud, as long you use a steel wheel on the inside you will not have to change out the stud on the hub just the the one that holds the steel wheel to the hub and the aluminum on the outside, most of the outer studs are not long enough when you change them.