Jump to content

1997 mack e7 400


Bliue dm
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would like to also know the difference between it and other e7 400. There is so much on this topic like. I hear some of these engines have two piece pistons... Some people say the compression ratio are different but when you look at a mack chart you see thats not true? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, Bliue dm said:

I would like to also know the difference between it and other e7 400. There is so much on this topic like. I hear some of these engines have two piece pistons... Some people say the compression ratio are different but when you look at a mack chart you see thats not true? 

Your boost sounds a bit low. Think it should be 28 at the min to 32. Don't have the book in front of me now. They have 2 piece piston. Steel top/alum skirt. Give mack the ser# to find out what comp pistons it has. They were all over the place in diff years. For example the 93's 250-400 all had 16.9:1 (conflicting info around) some literature says 375 and up 15.3 and below that 16.5 but mack had changes over the yrs. One book said our 93 was 16 5 and another 16.9. It ended up being 16.9:1 (591 tops) 

 

 

 

I doubt it's 16.9 could be 16.5 15.7 or 15.3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 95 e7-350 (all mechanical) tops out at about 25 psi boost. It has trouble getting out of it's own way, but it gets where it's supposed to go. Will make 1200+ degrees EGT, though I try not to push that number.  I just assume it's working as it should....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

My 95 e7-350 (all mechanical) tops out at about 25 psi boost. It has trouble getting out of it's own way, but it gets where it's supposed to go. Will make 1200+ degrees EGT, though I try not to push that number.  I just assume it's working as it should....

Post turbo probe? I would keep try to keep it under 1050. Our says 1025 max and 99 says 1100 max. 1200 won't hurt it for short bursts but deff don't pull a couple mile grade like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2020 at 12:51 AM, brettj3876 said:

Your boost sounds a bit low. Think it should be 28 at the min to 32. Don't have the book in front of me now. They have 2 piece piston. Steel top/alum skirt. Give mack the ser# to find out what comp pistons it has. They were all over the place in diff years. For example the 93's 250-400 all had 16.9:1 (conflicting info around) some literature says 375 and up 15.3 and below that 16.5 but mack had changes over the yrs. One book said our 93 was 16 5 and another 16.9. It ended up being 16.9:1 (591 tops) 

 

 

 

I doubt it's 16.9 could be 16.5 15.7 or 15.3

I will get serial number 4 you... its suppose to be a 400. Sounds like it can use a valve adjustment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...