Trd 670 duplex transmission or parts

13 hours ago, The Vintage Machinist said:

I am in dire need of a Mack duplex transmission I believe it's a 670 gear that's Integra with the pinion  shaft is stripped. This is for my 1954 h63. Or parts will do I have booked in the parts numbers thank you.

IMG_20200523_172455946.jpg

IMG_20200719_131707842.jpg

What did the gear on the counter shaft look like that mates with that gear?   terry:MackLogo:

8 hours ago, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

Hi! This is wrecker rebuilder in Atlanta. I was checking on my post immediately below yours. I think I may have that thing. I need to go check. I have a duplex out of a junked 1950  fire truck with a broken case. I will look and ne back to you  may take a day or two.  

Thanks!

Marty

Hi  again. I looked. This is a TRD duplex. I got it out of a fire truck for the engine. The idiot removed it with an end loader breaking the ears on the transmission case. Is this in the read of the duplux hi/lo shifter or in the transmission itself? This is a TRD  . The part number on an attached plate to the hi/low shifter box is 2227583 if that helps. Never took one apart but this would be a good candidate since the case is busted and probably had little use as a fire truck. 

1 hour ago, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

Hi  again. I looked. This is a TRD duplex. I got it out of a fire truck for the engine. The idiot removed it with an end loader breaking the ears on the transmission case. Is this in the read of the duplux hi/lo shifter or in the transmission itself? This is a TRD  . The part number on an attached plate to the hi/low shifter box is 2227583 if that helps. Never took one apart but this would be a good candidate since the case is busted and probably had little use as a fire truck. 

Yes it's inside of the high low shift box and that gear is integral with the shaft inside the trans. I will look at the numbers on the housing today.

Thank you

Marty

ok let me see about getting this apart. i am in Atlanta and you are in california. cost so much on a freight truck you could buy a new truck. i have had real good luck on craigslist rideshare finding people going across the country in pick up trucks or vans wanting extra gas money. i got a mack grill from tucson az to atlanta for $75. everybody was happy.  i can see about taking this apart but you might want to start looking. i post an ad: truck part needs a ride, doesnt have to stop and pee etc. just b s and eventually i find somebody. i am only about 10 miles from the Atlanta airport and I 285 can meet somebody,  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrecker Rebuilder said:

Starting to take this thing apart. Interesting just to figure out how it is put together

Yes I've realized today and you have to take the shift forks and rods out. You can take the high low case off complete, the Hi-Lo fork, the bearing retainer with all the bolts around it, I still haven't got mine apart all the way I think I have to take some clips off the shaft to slide off some gears ..the part I need appears to be the main shaft.

IMG_20200728_172050515.jpg

IMG_20200728_172147301.jpg