Best I can tell these mounts are going to position the engine just about the 5/8" forward that was mentioned in a previous post. It would save me a whole day and probably $200 in material to fab mounts. It's springtime,  I have dumped a shit ton of money in that old girl last year getting her ready for some big jobs coming up. She needs to go to work badly. I have two more just like her I need to get done.

No harm in trying. I know what I build will work but don't have a lot of time for trial and error. This is not an R&D project so attempting to help you. If you got the time then you should go with your "gut" feeling. Nobody on the internet is going to solve your problem using incorrect (by part number) items for the application; only you can do that with your ingenuity and persistence. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I realize they are not the right parts. I am 99% sure they will work though. I wouldn't try them if I wasn't sure. The only problem I might have is that they are not long enough to account for the extra width of a west coast frame. I can fix that with some spacers between the mount and the trans if I need to.

A tape measure, good spirit level, (or digital if not proficient with the former) along with some string are what you need and are of the simplest tools required. A calibrated tram gauge is even better yet. Take your string and affix it at two points hanging down from the transmission. Tie your spirit level to the string and adjust it so show perfectly level in the vial. Remove your rear engine mounting bolts through the insulators, jack the engine/trans forward till it sets in the front trunion mount correctly, center the transmission equidistant from the frame rails using the rear universal joint as a reference point. Measure the amount of offset needed for the rear engine mount bolt holes to align correctly with the frame mounted parts of the rear engine mountings, and conjure a plan with your existing parts to make them all fit together. After sliding the engine forward and installing your replacement rear engine mountings onto the transmission and with the insulators in place, ensure the spirit level still shows level as this is keeping your driveline angle in the same plane it was. You shouldn't have to mess with any of this but may have too depending on what has been done. 

It is MUCH easier to change those transmission mounted rear engine mounts when the transmission is not in a truck but it can be done with them installed. After the initial measurements are taken in the truck, measurements of both the existing mounts, and replacement mounts coupled with some good ole fashioned deductive reasoning will lead you to the most efficient path for correction.

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.