Bringing the B-Model Registry to VINWiki

I recently found this thing called VINWiki which is dedicated to learning the story of as many vehicles as possible, all contributed to by anyone interested. Anyways, I hope that nobody minds me transferring the B Model Registry over to this VINWiki service. I tried looking for Mack B models and there were none when I first got on the app, probably because most people add vehicles by license plates, but that method doesn’t work on pre 17-digit VIN #s, so I figured I’d start adding some Macks. Already I’ve doubled the number of Macks on the app.

However, It’d be helpful to have some pictures of the trucks, and which ones are which, so if anyone could post pictures of B Model trucks and their models & serial numbers that’d be awesome! Or really any pre 1981 truck... In the meantime I’ll be transferring the info that is on the B-Model Registry over to VINWiki to help spread the history of these trucks!

12AD3D8D-CF76-43CB-82A3-9B7CED5FE2F6.jpeg

Edited by CaptainCrutch

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

44 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Vinwiki has a YouTube channel.  Not sure if related, but has some neat car stories on it.  I've watch lots of them.

It’s the same guys, those videos are all to make money for the app. I added my trucks and am trying to add as many others as I can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phase 1 said:

You could add the B model data from the BMT wiki. Cab, engine, etc. - if nobody has a problem with that.

That’s what I’m working on now, it’s just that putting the info in works better when you have pictures, so that’s what I’m looking for. It’d especially be nice and make it easier to identify which one is which. I mean people made that info public, I don’t see why anyone would be against it. Like I said, I’m really hoping to get pictures of trucks and their VIN numbers to make it easy, but I’m sure I can figure out which is which with enough time and effort. This registry just reaches a wider audience so I figured I’d try and do that. So far I’ve down a few VINs and their basic info and included the rest of the info on company owned vehicles. I’ve already more than doubled the number of Mack trucks on VINWiki and I don’t intend on stopping anytime soon.