11 X 24 Rims And Tires..what To Do For Bigger Ones

therabbittree

my b81 has 11x24 tires rims, I was wonder if teh 12x24 or bigger would fit and it that aspoke or webb whell only tire because of the tube or do they make any aluminum rims that fit 11 x24 or 12x24 or bigger taller more aggressive tires etc???

aluminum rims with big tall tires would look nice..

any info?

thanks

deo

Keep on keeping on...

I looked at this post a minuet and think that there is a number or two missing! Are those 11.00X24.5 rims?

The (.5) on the end says that it is a tubeless tire and a standard size that one can get 'most anywhere.

One might keep that in mind if putting a truck on the road (or carry a lot of spares)!

I been looking at the 'New" low profile tyres (thats for Andy and Nigel) but am too old to change!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

I looked at this post a minuet and think that there is a number or two missing! Are those 11.00X24.5 rims?

The (.5) on the end says that it is a tubeless tire and a standard size that one can get 'most anywhere.

One might keep that in mind if putting a truck on the road (or carry a lot of spares)!

I been looking at the 'New" low profile tyres (thats for Andy and Nigel) but am too old to change!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

I'm familar with normal 24.5 tubeless tires but that is not what i am talking about. the 24 tires im speaking about are tube style webb or spoke wheel that are much larger then 24.5's..i was inquiring if most 24 size tire would fit on the 24 rim either 11x24 or 12 x24 or bigger and what the biggest tire i could fit on a B81sx. I was also woundering if they made aluminum rims for tube style ires or if you could run the tubestyle tires without the tube..etc.. some one here must know.

Thank You,

Deo

Keep on keeping on...

12.00x24's will fit on your B-81, just keep in mind the comments above if you are planning to use the same rims.

The data sheets I have also show 13.00x24's as options for the front, but good luck finding any. You might find grader tires that size, but they aren't road-able.

thanks for the info. 8.5 " rims shouldn't be too bad to find or buy...i imagine the spacer will have to be different with the 8.5 rims correct?.. oh and can you mount any 12x24 tires on aluminum rims?..ie did they ever make a 24 aluminum rim either tube or runable with out tube?.

Thanks

Deo

Keep on keeping on...

thanks for the info. 8.5 " rims shouldn't be too bad to find or buy...i imagine the spacer will have to be different with the 8.5 rims correct?.. oh and can you mount any 12x24 tires on  aluminum rims?..ie did they ever make a 24 aluminum rim  either tube or runable with out tube?.

Thanks

Deo

I have never seen a demountable rim made of aluminum. You can check out this link from accuride on there demountable rims (pdf file from Accuride wheels ). It might be possible to have the rims polished or maybe even chrome plated to get that look.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 3 months later...

You can use 12x24's or 11x24's with the 8.0 or the 8.5 rims. The 8.5 inch rims take a heavier wider spoke though. Typical setups I had were the trucks that had the 8.5 rims had the heavy "offroad" spoke and used a 4.5 inch spacer while the 8.0 used the "onroad" spoke and used a 4.25 spacer.

After changing flats on these things all my life I cant imagine why anyone would ever wanna fool with them if they didnt have to. BE CAREFUL with them...they will breaK you down quicker than you will break them down.