Pictures of the Week

other dog

That’s one hell of a place to load, but they sent the best man for the job. You should fix your car up like that so you would be cool and all. I don’t understand why some women can’t read gas gauges, but you made the right call going on to clean the litter box. Wouldn’t want to make the house cat mad

• Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

1 hour ago, NoClueJoe66 said:

You should fix your car up like that so you would be cool and all. I don’t understand why some women can’t read gas gauges, but you made the right call going on to clean the litter box. Wouldn’t want to make the house cat mad

That was the worst part about it, I had already ordered some tires and rims just like that for my Chevrolet, and then this clown gets his first and beats me to showing them off in the wal mart store parking lot.🤬

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Bet the Amish would take those ancient machines in a second!

Donks!

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Bet the Amish would take those ancient machines in a second!

Donks!

I think that's the first one of those reaper machines, or binders i've seen since I was a kid. I remember seeing Lee Hatcher pulling one up rt.13 behind his Farmall M and thinking it was a broke down combine. Billy French was the only one around who even had a combine at that time, it was a pull type and he did everybody's combining for them, until my Dad got one.

Anyhow, my uncle Buck told me it wasn't a combine. It had the reel in front like a combine, so I thought "combine".  The wood has long since rotted off of this one. I guess these were used in the threshing machine days? The threshing machine was like a combine, but it was stationary, you parked it in the field and you had to cut the grain and bring it to the machine. All this is a little bit before my time. There's still a lot of old threshing machines sitting around in the midwest though.

A threshing machine and a picture of what the reaper might have once looked like, from the interweb.

download.thumb.jpeg.88cf9836c1bb86cb16e29ff21d59d0c8.jpeg

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

kind of a sin to see that old equipment,just abandoned that way....you know at one time,someone paid a lotta money for those things,,,and they probably did a real good job,in thier time,and they were top notch,.....like the chick man.......also,,,nice job on the parking.lol...thanks for sharing....bob

15 hours ago, other dog said:

I think that's the first one of those reaper machines, or binders i've seen since I was a kid. I remember seeing Lee Hatcher pulling one up rt.13 behind his Farmall M and thinking it was a broke down combine. Billy French was the only one around who even had a combine at that time, it was a pull type and he did everybody's combining for them, until my Dad got one.

Anyhow, my uncle Buck told me it wasn't a combine. It had the reel in front like a combine, so I thought "combine".  The wood has long since rotted off of this one. I guess these were used in the threshing machine days? The threshing machine was like a combine, but it was stationary, you parked it in the field and you had to cut the grain and bring it to the machine. All this is a little bit before my time. There's still a lot of old threshing machines sitting around in the midwest though.

A threshing machine and a picture of what the reaper might have once looked like, from the interweb.

download.thumb.jpeg.88cf9836c1bb86cb16e29ff21d59d0c8.jpeg

We had one of the thrashers, a big 500 gallon wood barreled tanker thing, a sickle cutter and a three row planter.  All wood and strap iron. My grandma bought about 1918. Her and granpop used a model T to pull them I was told. I saved some of the metal parts from where they burned them up after WWII when the got modern ones.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Think I am going to have emotional problems with all these grain binder pictures and then, a threshing machine picture shows up - quick - somebody call in a red flag alert!!!!!!!

Think I have spent more hours on a threshing machine than driving Mack trucks. Maybe that's why I'm a little mentally unbalanced

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 5:17 PM, fuzzy buzzard said:

Think I am going to have emotional problems with all these grain binder pictures and then, a threshing machine picture shows up - quick - somebody call in a red flag alert!!!!!!!

Think I have spent more hours on a threshing machine than driving Mack trucks. Maybe that's why I'm a little mentally unbalanced

ahahahahahahahahahaha,,,,just spotted this.....excellent...bob