05 Granite CV713 steer wheels and tires

I have the flat faced rims with no offset and had to downsize from the 425 tires the truck came with when I bought it because it would hit the pitman arm.now with 385 it kinda wants to hit if my load is not spread correctly and if too much weight is at the front .I would like to change to some rims with some offset to remedy this , but too much offset defeats the purpose of the fender flares and the tires will sling mud up the side of your cab.

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

Why not run 315's?

I personally prefer a wider tire because it allows me to "float" easier in rough terrain due to the increased surface area.also at least in my area it's also a dot deterrent.they see a quad axle truck with thinner tires and automatically assume your overweight in your steer axle , even though 315 are usually rated at 10k lbs just like 385 or 425.and once your pulled over and noticed your not overweight they find an excuse to issue warnings and fines.but like I said , this is in my area.

We got our truck used with 385's and put 315's on it because it steered like the Titanic. Tires didn't change anything, so we tweaked the axle stops.

I do a lot of 6+ point turns to back into customers driveways. 385's would probably have too much resistance and wear out my steering kinda fast. 

I do a lot of sight work and the extra foot print would be helpful.  After several phone calls and emails I did find out what the off set should be.  For an 05 Granite CV713 with 18k fronts it's 2.75".  Depending on your set up it could be different.  I found this website to show the side by side difference in tire sizes https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=315-80r22.5-385-65r22.5 . There's not a huge difference between the two.