need fuel filter primer pump for 1977 rd

i changed my filters and tried air in the tank with input line on injector off . not having much luck after 2 hrs of blowing. where can i get a hand pump that screws into the top of my fuel pump?  i am an old guy and not savy on computer.   thank you

2 hours ago, diggin dirt said:

i changed my filters and tried air in the tank with input line on injector off . not having much luck after 2 hrs of blowing. where can i get a hand pump that screws into the top of my fuel pump?  i am an old guy and not savy on computer.   thank you

Did you prefilll your filters before installing them?

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You don't HAVE to, but it makes life harder if you don't. A lot less pumping on a hand pump if they're prefilled.

Pump until you hear fuel splashing back in the tank via the return line. Then floor it and crank it til it's running. Ease off the throttle as it smooths out and can idle on its own.

23 hours ago, diggin dirt said:

no ,  i did not fill filters first because i was told it would not be filtered properly even though i do have a filter on my off road diesel tank outside on stand

you can safely fill the primary filter!

2 hours ago, fjh said:

you can safely fill the primary filter!

I've always dumped the old filters into a clean jar and after checking for water and none found, dump the contents into the new filters straining through cheese cloth and a funnel. If water is present it goes in the waste oil receiver. Then the tank bottoms get drained. 

Not prefilling filters sounds like a good way to get "tennis elbow or tendonitis" to me. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

anyway, i ordered a hand pump, right now i have nothing but a little air pressure in the tank with no luck, scared to put too much pressure. when the pump gets here i am going to try a little air pressure with the pump, if that dont work i am going to fill the primary, if that dont work i will fill the secondary , right now i have no hand pump or any way to prime the system except for air pressure in the tank. thank you  guys for responding.