I am closing a deal on a B73. I am trying to find out what it would weigh to haul it home. It has the 262 cummins but the quadraplex has been replaced with a nine speed. The rear end has also been changed. It has a hendricks walking beam with one drive axle. It has a long frame with a fifth wheel. The truth be told, i haven't laid eyes on it, but I trust the present owner. He says it starts and runs fine but has been stored in the barn for several years. He would not hesitate to take it up the road but I am 125 miles away. I think thats a bit far to drive since its been stored that long.

What would this weigh? When I get pictures, I will update. My brother and I have several steam traction engines. I would love to go to the shows hauling an engine with this B model.

Thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Should be under 12 tons?

A single axel B-73 with 5th wheel is less than 12,000 pounds or 6 ton. You can haul it on probable the same trailer as your steam engines.

Edited by AZB755V8
  • Like 2