100 Years Limited Edition Mack.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:27 AM, JoeH said:

Because of potential. Not making money means the stock value could be undervalued. A tweak here and there and getting the right people into management can turn a money loser into a winner.  Also, products that are so good they never fail or can be fixed by anyone tend to run manufacturers out of business, because then they have to sell lots of trucks to compensate for not selling parts. But many people can't afford new trucks and buy used.

Apart from elephant pads and a thermostat and brakes and a couple hubs my 95 rd688s e7-350 hasn't needed a thing since we bought it in 2007. Had the valve covers off once to check valve adjustments and that's it. 19,007 hours on the motor. Mack/Volvo doesn't make money on that.

This statement could not be more true in my mind ! That being said.Volvo should now have the best of both worlds ! Over priced parts and a piece of junk to keep putting them on ! However! Don't think for one minute Paccar and the freightsaker /westernstar  IHC makers Aren't Doing the same dam thing Its rampant thru out industry as a whole our economy relies on repeat business and waste ! So build a piece of junk , sell it and they will come back One way or the other they sell parts OR sell a new unit in 5 years or so Because the consumer gets tired of being in the shop  having  parts thrown at the stuff they bought! All in the Plan! Again its a no win for us the consumer, A semi win for them and a total loss to the environment  because of all the waste! It does keep people employed I guess!😥

• Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 8:42 AM, Rob said:

I think given the longevity of production and developments/improvements, the ENDT, and E6 series get my vote. Pure and simple they were, and still are admirable performers. 

They're good, only fault is the lifter tappets. Carbide face cracks off and the camshaft loses a lobe. Apart from that, yeah the endt676 can't be beat. Just picked up our first E6 in January, still rebuilding the truck body for it so we won't know how good of an engine it is til next year. Our E7 is great so far.