Cheers & Thanks 41Chevy

Mack Technician

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, 41chevy said:

No housing being built in Virginia. There will be something dusty, noisy and 24/7 though on 95% of my 1100 acres.

The Veteran Houses will be built in Maine between South Portland - Scarbourgh area and Gorham on 60 acres of horse farm that was my sisters.

image.png.4a449e9d3a00450b379f68ad13c03f79.png  

Cheers Paul,

At least if your building in Maine the Vets will have reasonable access to Moxie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

image.png.583b654bb03d257796b091ec66cde92d.png

The spooky, eye shadow, "NAMBLA" guy makes a good secondary target.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cool video, good stuff. Looks like this stuff was promoted as the original "energy drink", before that was a thing.

Interesting note from their website in the history section:

1885-1899: Moxie Nerve Food invented and patented in 1885.

I find it curious it was originally called 'nerve food'. They also made 'many wild curative claims'. Hair loss? Drink more Moxie. Marital problems? Erectile disfunction? Drink Moxie, and all your problems will be gone.

MackTechnician, when you tried it, did your chosen ailment get better?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Yes and no.

I figured the “nerve food” would allow me to dance confidently like the Gumby brother on the video. No such luck. I instead danced more confidently......but like Forest Gump. Hope that answers your question?

The hair loss claim is real. . . mines falling out  or else I growing taller and my hairs not.

13 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Yes and no.

I figured the “nerve food” would allow me to dance confidently like the Gumby brother on the video. No such luck. I instead danced more confidently......but like Forest Gump. Hope that answers your question?

The Butterscotch Root Beer arrived but I'm not going to sample it until I get back next week from my St. Joe, Michigan truck search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, 41chevy said:

The hair loss claim is real. . . mines falling out  or else I growing taller and my hairs not.

The Butterscotch Root Beer arrived but I'm not going to sample it until I get back next week from my St. Joe, Michigan truck search.

What's going on in the land of "Youbetcha"?

Buying trucks?

Hanging out with Uncle Ted N.?

Drinking Detroit Faygo soda with the Insane Clown Posse?

Image result for insane clown posse faygo detroit

Checking out Ford Motor Company

Image result for abandoned ford motor factory detroit

Edited by Mack Technician

On 5/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, Mack Technician said:

What's going on in the land of "Youbetcha"?

Buying trucks?

Hanging out with Uncle Ted N.?

Drinking Detroit Faygo soda with the Insane Clown Posse?

Image result for insane clown posse faygo detroit

Checking out Ford Motor Company

Image result for abandoned ford motor factory detroit

That's the Packard Plant, been abandoned since 1956.

Wasn't near there but did get to have a 4 hour visit with Michigan Specialized Truck Enforcement Team because my trailer is ex military and the numbers looked "off" to them.

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, 41chevy said:

That's the Packard Plant, been abandoned since 1956.

Wasn't near there but did get to have a 4 hour visit with Michigan Specialized Truck Enforcement Team because my trailer is ex military and the numbers looked "off" to them.

Image result for ford packard plant

Did you find the grapevine Mack?

Yeah but it was a wasted trip. Got the  "I'm going to restore it when I get free time." The guy is 77 years old,shuffles along with an O2 machine and smokes.

Stinks because it is the glass one piece nose, cast radiator, wheels, fuel tanks and a lot of other small bits I need/want. I'll post up the chase photos tomorrow.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Yeah but it was a wasted trip. Got the  "I'm going to restore it when I get free time." The guy is 77 years old,shuffles along with an O2 machine and smokes.

Stinks because it is the glass one piece nose, cast radiator, wheels, fuel tanks and a lot of other small bits I need/want. I'll post up the chase photos tomorrow.

Unfortunate....

Must be common?

Dad had Diabetes, COPD, congested heart, high blood pressure, O2 rocket pack and two restoration projects he was going to finish. Now I’m waiting for the price of scrap to go up so mom has some supper club cash. 

This is the photo that started it all. Did a lot of digital work to get the phone number off of the unit in the back ground, computer work to trace the number and the address, than Google Earth federal version to get the location of the truck and be sure it was still currently intact. At least on the way back I stopped in Philly and put a deposit on a pair of ex USAF AM General M900 series power units, so it wasn't a total loss. Go back and pick them up in 2 weeks.

stjoemichiganvi-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

ersideclosecoveredingrapevines-vi.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE