ENDT675 Mack engine

NLC

I just had the injector pump and injectors rebuilt on my ENDT675 engine. We started the engine and it runs fine but it surges from low idle up about 2-300 rpms. once you rev it up to about 1200 it levels out. Is there an adjustment screw anywhere that i might could adjust to correct this? Any help would be appreciated.

43 minutes ago, NLC said:

I just had the injector pump and injectors rebuilt on my ENDT675 engine. We started the engine and it runs fine but it surges from low idle up about 2-300 rpms. once you rev it up to about 1200 it levels out. Is there an adjustment screw anywhere that i might could adjust to correct this? Any help would be appreciated.

Engine cold and hot both? Sounds as if pins and bushings are worn in the governor. Get the front of the truck elevated or nose down into a ditch, (for instance) when it's surging and see if it stabilizes. If so, dead giveaway the pins and bushings have slight wear allowing governor flyweights unneeded movement.

Many of the governor parts are NLA but a good machine shop can remanufacture the small parts for a fuel shop to calibrate.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Is this a Robert bosch  or american bosch pump!???

If its american there is some shims you can mess with a bit on the little round cover on the back 4 bolts! However your pump shop should have done this!😡

Also make sure that your spring loaded throttle lever is not causing, this a little wear on the lever can make the difference! check this first!

Edited by fjh