02 etech

david wild

23 hours ago, david wild said:

How do you tell if you have a ccrs engine, have the truck vin but not the engine 1m2p267c42m062150. Looking to buy, presently 350 would need to update, prefer 427 ????

Yes , it is a CCRS , good thing is dealership can upgrade the HP with download, turbo and injectors and not have to pull the camshaft and replace the cam gear key way like in the early etech engines. 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:21 PM, david wild said:
3 hours ago, david wild said:

Mackpro sure would like to know what dealer you work at, you would get all my dealer work. Like my macks even if under powered, but since we are limited to 55 mph with OD loads anyway it is not that bad, Thanks for the info.

I’m no longer at a dealership but do have some limited access to info. Plus I started saving every bit of info, bulletins and emails from Mack  that I could get , starting back as late as 2005. 

• Like 1

On your CCRS 350, to go to 400 or 427 HP you would have to upgrade to a bigger turbo plus the download. Going to the 460 you need turbo and injectors and the download  and add a boost pressure sensor and wiring. I never suggest  going to 460 in the CCRS engine. The wastegated turbo for that model has many problems in my experience 

I will have to look, it started life out as a 350, Mack did uprate to 400 with just injectors, watts service gave me the turbo info, Turbo is really not that expensive so if there is any positive to it, it will get done. The plan for the 02 is to go to 427, I think torque curve is better ??  Thanks for help.