2019 Ford F550 Jerr-Dan Wrecker

j hancock

Apparently my friend thought his Ford F650 rollback was lonely so he purchased a 2019 F550 V10 4 X 4.  It was delivered last Friday afternoon.  He was busy with it on New Years Eve.   Next stop is the sign shop.

2019 F550 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Nice unit. I was a Century  and Ortez wrecker dealer in the mid 1970's, had all the NY Metro area. Did very well before everyone made hydraulic wreckers. I was putting electic/ hydraulic units in 3/4 pick ups for NYC chase trucks. Those NYC guys were nuts. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

47 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Apparently my friend thought his Ford F650 rollback was lonely so he purchased a 2019 F550 V10 4 X 4.  It was delivered last Friday afternoon.  He was busy with it on New Years Eve.   Next stop is the sign shop.

2019 F550 (2).JPG

Jim-so if I recall your pal's 650 is a gas  job? Is he satisfied with his decision to stick with gas?  Supposedly the V-10 will be history replaced by a new 7.3L gas V-8-or so the rumor is.

By the way-you sure that 550 is not a 2018?.  Someone told me no gasser in 550 for 2019-which lends credibility to the the 7.3 rumor as if they are not ready to release that motor, not likely they would continue to offer the V-10 then dump it in the middle of the model year.

10 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Jim-so if I recall your pal's 650 is a gas  job? Is he satisfied with his decision to stick with gas?  Supposedly the V-10 will be history replaced by a new 7.3L gas V-8-or so the rumor is.

By the way-you sure that 550 is not a 2018?.  Someone told me no gasser in 550 for 2019-which lends credibility to the the 7.3 rumor as if they are not ready to release that motor, not likely they would continue to offer the V-10 then dump it in the middle of the model year.

His feedback has been positive on the V10.  Knock on wood that it will continue considering he now has two of them!  The previous rollback was Duramax powered and it was having glitchy issues and he was getting sick of chasing stuff.  Quality Delphi harnesses?  Plus something was up with the pump.

I will double check the jamb sticker for the assy. date next time I am over that way.  I asked him on Wed. if it was an 18 or 19 and it sounded like he said 19 to me.  Maybe the salesman told him it is a 2019?  It was built at the Jerr-Dan factory in PA and then shipped to Crawford's and then del. on Friday.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 10:13 PM, Red Horse said:

Had a chance to check the truck on Friday.  Chassis was built 8/18 and the date identifier in the VIN is K which indicates a 2019 model.

Jim