ECM port - Mack trucks manufactured after 2014

Mack now uses the OBD connector starting sometime in 2013. I believe some engine makers still use the round 9 pin connector though (Cummins).  I saw a 2019 Mack GR with a Cummings in it and it had a round 9 pin connector for the engine and also the rectangle OBD connector for the vehicle ECU. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, Mackpro said:

Mack now uses the OBD connector starting sometime in 2013. I believe some engine makers still use the round 9 pin connector though (Cummins).  I saw a 2019 Mack GR with a Cummings in it and it had a round 9 pin connector for the engine and also the rectangle OBD connector for the vehicle ECU. 

Even the newest Volvos with X15 Cummins have the 2 ports. Silly.

• 3 years later...

I am considering buying a 2017 Mack Pinnacle with a Mack 505 engine. I need to know if my Garmin elog will work with it. Garmin elog is not compatible with the obd2 j1979. Does anyone know what port is in a 2017 Pinnacle?

On 1/21/2019 at 6:04 AM, Mackpro said:

Yea, back then they told us all trucks will use the OBD diag plug . I guess Cummins didn’t get the memo. Must just have to do with the vehicle/vehicle controls.  

Yup cummins is a engine company they must be exempt ! Thank your lucky stars they don't build vehicles The engines are a big enough task for them! Volvo is bad enough !

• Like 1