B Model With Steam Calliope

HarryS

I drove a truck for Giant 35 years and this truck was our parade ready, completely rebuilt show piece. I have driven it in the past, 673 with unishift. Giant made many truck showpieces in their shop for their drivers and shop. Unfortunately the company was bought out by a holding corp. and sold off everything and chopped the company up and sold most of the assets. Sad end to a good company. I wanted to buy this truck but didn't have the money then(new child) . Wish I could have it now but the owner is asking to much!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wingman said:

I drove a truck for Giant 35 years and this truck was our parade ready, completely rebuilt show piece. I have driven it in the past, 673 with unishift. Giant made many truck showpieces in their shop for their drivers and shop. Unfortunately the company was bought out by a holding corp. and sold off everything and chopped the company up and sold most of the assets. Sad end to a good company. I wanted to buy this truck but didn't have the money then(new child) . Wish I could have it now but the owner is asking to much!

Was this Giant foods part of the Giant out of Landover Md, and the Giant of Carlise pa?

13 hours ago, wingman said:

I remember Giant having the show trucks and seeing them at different events and promotions. I have several friends that worked their careers with Giant and it was always the "place to shop" until the company was sold. I don;t know anything about calliopes or how much they would add to the value of the unit but it is one nice truck & trailer.

• Like 1