Sign in to follow this  
CV7132005

Fuel pressure

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have a 2005 cv713 with a AI 370. I was wondering what the fuel pressure should be at idle and operating range. I'm having a little bit of a power issue all of a sudden. Thanks. 

Spec Sheet on Page 4, under "AMI power increase" by 03' Big Red.  Should be 50-85 PSI. Might find some other good pointers in Big Red's AMI post? 

Edited by Mack Technician

Thanks. I'm not sure where to find that though

Tap the link I sent and scroll page 4 till you see a sheet with buncha displayed numbers. It’s a handy summary MackPro put together of general AI engine specs. 

From what I remember the Original style ETECH engines came with  60 psi overflow valve, there latter came a 100 psi valve that solved some rough idle issues in a few UPS trucks we saw. The ETECH overflow valve has a barb on it for the plastic fuel return lines from the head/injectors. This is a easy way to tell a ETECH engine from a CCRS/ASET engines. Plastic line= ETECH. No plastic line =CCRS/ASET. Starting in 2002 with the CCRS  on through the to end of the ASET engines the the fuel valve opened at 60 psi. So fuel psi should be at 60 + at idle and go up as rpms increase. If psi goes down as rpms go up you got a problem. 

Hi, I have a 2005 Mack vision CXN613, it was running and turn off by it self and then didn't want to start back on.. the fault codes are 8-1 to 8-6 .. any advice will be greatly appreciated...