Turbo Actuator

TimberJack

Since is needs input from the throttle position, EG temp and at least 2 more sensors which tell the ECM what to tell the Actuator, I don't think  it easily possible

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There is a tool that OTR Performance sells that will reset learned data, reset ECM/ACM faults and reset soot level. Cost is about $400.00, but sure beats a tow when you derate from emissions or some such. Also a great tool to help you weed out false positives. Often times, if your able to clear the code, it never comes back. Simply plug it into the OBD port, hold fuel pedal 30 seconds and done. They say this "performs resets at the dealer level".

Might help you for Actuator installation if all you need is to reset learned data without having to do any programming. Just an FYI.

Edited by Rockwell

10 hours ago, fjh said:

I believe this is one of those situations you need to do a learned data reset! I could be wrong however!!!!

I wonder if he meant  replacing the defective actuator unit as a plug and play without the need a diagnostic unit?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I would say ife the actuator failed due to mechanical issues and not sensor or harness issues caused it you could replace it yourself. Just be sure the vanes in the turbo move with no binding.

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 hours ago, 41chevy said:

I would say ife the actuator failed due to mechanical issues and not sensor or harness issues caused it you could replace it yourself. Just be sure the vanes in the turbo move with no binding.

Chevy has the ticket here I say what do you have to loose here! just put it on ! Worse  youll have to do is get the learnt data reset at the dealer! The issue is with this stuff is the memory takes on bad habits from the faulty part (stuck vanes ) in this case you may not have that condition just a bad controller maybe. Worth trying in my mind! Be sure the rack lever is not binding and is all the way forward when you install the new controller and your good to go!

Edited by fjh

Replacing the actuator requires use of premium tech tool software. PTT has always had a operation to install and calibrate the actuator, if you put it on without doing it right the malfunction light will stay on and the turbo won't perform properly. You're dealer will have to do it, takes less than half an hour. 

• Like 1