Dietz Model 211 Beacon

Mack458

I have a 1965 B95 pumper that came with a Dietz Model 211 four light beacon. I was checking the operation the other day and it appears that the rotator motor is dead.

I am looking for a motor, but will get the complete fixture if needed. The fixture I have is in great condition, so I really would like to repair this one and keep the truck as original as possible.

Dietz also updated the model numbers to 7-110 and 7-114 in later years. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

610-246-3265

Found this place, they might have some information for you about parts:
https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/dietz-7-11-dietz-2-11-lights.12762/

I'm curious as if there are any part numbers on the motor itself.  Might be something you could google up and find it is a common 12v dc motor?

I bought a Federal Hill Light from this fellow, who is kinda local to me:

http://dcaptain.com/beaconraylights.html

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

4 hours ago, Mack458 said:

I have a 1965 B95 pumper that came with a Dietz Model 211 four light beacon. I was checking the operation the other day and it appears that the rotator motor is dead.

I am looking for a motor, but will get the complete fixture if needed. The fixture I have is in great condition, so I really would like to repair this one and keep the truck as original as possible.

Dietz also updated the model numbers to 7-110 and 7-114 in later years. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

610-246-3265

Is this the unit you're looking for? 

They go NOS for 145.00 to 175.00

Firematic says the common issue is the bearings gum up and  the lube in the drive unit gums up / solidifies and to pull the 4 screws off the bottom plate , clean it out re-lube and see if it functions.

s-l1600.jpg.497b61f1b7616245b84f29c8d072a624.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg.38ee34523e64182709d0f043b35fb642.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I bought it on E Bay 2 years ago for the Amber Beacon on my B Mixer. Ebay seller is  ROBERT_A_M  He seems to have Deitz and Federal Signal lights and parts every so often. 

Hersey's coming up probably get one there or an inexpensive unit for parts. Fire and commercial truck goodies are mostly in the Chocolate Field and the Chocolate Field Annex.    Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Likely the brushes are stuck, beside the bushings.   Just went through this with a very similar sized 12v motor on the electric lift on my 70's Cub Cadet.  Was able to dismantle motor, lube it up, clean the brushes and it now runs.

IMG_20180820_174729669.jpg

Remove the two screws on the end and likely the motor will slip off the gear box.  Fiddle with it, since it doesn't work you can't hurt it.  You might get lucky.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...