Acceleration Issues

Bcart1983

Hello All,

I am new to trucking, purchased my first Mack Rd688s last september, havent had any issues til recently. Whether im loaded or unloaded, my truck does not want to accelerate. It eventually does, but it takes it a while. My Rpms shoot up,but the truck will not move.  Even when i try to take off in 3rd if acts like im loaded with 20 tons. I replaced fuel filters, checked transmission fluid, all is good there.  Even my shifts points are different, I was shifting around 1100-1200 now I shift around 14-1500, any sugesstions on what could be wrong? 9 speed Eaton fuller, E350 engine. 

So, I went ahead and took it to the shop today, and you guys are correct, it was the clutch.....BUT luckily  it was just out of adjustment, big time,  He said I got lucky, because it could of burnt it up. Preciate the feedback!  After he adjusted it, I  felt like i had to relearn how to drive the dang thing. It died on me 3x. 

1 hour ago, Bcart1983 said:

So, I went ahead and took it to the shop today, and you guys are correct, it was the clutch.....BUT luckily  it was just out of adjustment, big time,  He said I got lucky, because it could of burnt it up. Preciate the feedback!  After he adjusted it, I  felt like i had to relearn how to drive the dang thing. It died on me 3x. 

Just go nice and easy. Don’t start in to high of a gear espcially when you’re loaded. And pay attention to your rpms when pulling don’t fall below like 1100. 

It’s never going to happen to you, but in case. Had a customer come in one day after riding a slipping clutch for hours. I heard a “tist tist tist tist” coming from under cab. It was A/C water jumping off the bellhousing. I waited a while for it to cool, but naturally customer is “losing money”. Popped the clutch access bolts, flipped the driver over and slapped the plate to knock it off. Plate fell off and poured hot liquified grease onto my hand, interior mess had melted as fluid into belly of bell. It was on me for a few seconds and when I hit it with my other hand it went from tar black goo to pinkish-white, skin came off.

Moral=Tell customer he needs to walk over to McDonalds and hand him a newspaper. 

• Like 1