tilynb61

Drivelone noise

The 63 B61 Thermodyne, 20 speed,I just got running has a noise / squeak I can't figure out. Put in this forum because I'm not sure where it's from. Engine running, either stick in or out of gear, moving or not. Get louder when moving, mostly in cab. And the wierd part, gets less when I'm sitting in the seat when not moving. Not from the engine, thinking maybe a cab or trans mount? Clutch in or out, no difference. 

Those are the worst...besides electrical

make sure it has been greased properly..especially the throw-out bearing

this will remove moving parts noise

next, just start shaking EVERY part of the cab

If it changes when there's weight in or out of the seat I'd check around the floor and cab mounts. The added weight could pus the floor against somewhere. 

How is the rear cab mount area?  Mine was patched up loosely by previous owner.   I welded the new pieces in solid.  Grab cab(with engine off) and rock it.

Thanks, sorry for the late reply. It was the rear cab mount, cab was repaired there in the past. Rewelded and replaced mount, much better now. Thanks for the help

Edited by tilynb61
Spelling