Hi every one, thank for the info on Mack's take over of Brockway. In the early "80s" I pulled steel out of Bethlehem with a old blue Brockway, 318 and a 15 speed. It took four hours to get there and six to seven to get back. Those detroits didn't like those big hills but it was a good old girl, talk later Tim...Too stack Mack :D

Those detroits didn't like those big hills but it was a good old girl

If your truck didn't have large mufflers on it, that 'ol Detroit was probably playing some good music for you on those hills. A friend of mine drove an '70 R-700 with a 318 and a quad box. I would ride with him at times. That truck had short mufflers on it. We really didn't need a radio. We were talking about Detroits in Macks and other trucks a short while back on here. I believe it is on page 4 now for some more interesting reading on them.

hey tim. you must have run up the old  ho chi minn trail(209) before it was closed to trucks and I-84 was finished. a wreck a night. remember MUELLER'S diner?

Yah, the good old days when men were steel and the trucks were wood! Pull'in those hills say'in I think I can I think I can. I called my Dad one night and asked in a snow storm-when do I stop? He said -When the wheels stop turning! I never stopped at the dinner but I bet It was great. Tim :SMOKIE-LFT:

• 3 weeks later...

we never had a Dog w/ a Jimmymotor but had plenty of 9500's (long & shortnose) ,Brigadiers, & Generals w/ Detroits the last brigadier we had i just sold it had a 318 w/ short resignator mufflers man our driver made that ole 318 jimmy sounded sweet going through the 13spd pulling those dozers & trackhoe & I.H. Blackstripe1066 tractor & pan & sheepfootroller round Memphis esp under the overpasses on the bigroads round Memphis B):thumb:

Also like to hear a 6v92 & 238 too esp when a 238 still cold & idling : whommp whoomp whoomp whoomp B)

Yall have a goodone

Bulldog

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

we never had a Dog w/ a Jimmymotor but had plenty of 9500's (long & shortnose) ,Brigadiers, & Generals w/ Detroits  the last brigadier we had i just sold it had a 318 w/ short resignator mufflers  man our driver made that ole 318 jimmy sounded sweet going through the 13spd  pulling those dozers & trackhoe & I.H. Blackstripe1066 tractor & pan & sheepfootroller  round Memphis  esp under the overpasses  on the bigroads round Memphis  B)  :thumb:

Also like to hear a 6v92 &  238  too esp when a  238 still cold & idling  : whommp whoomp  whoomp  whoomp  B)

Yall have a goodone

Bulldog

A ran a uclid with a V12 detriot for Pezza construction years ago. That old detriot would really make some noise! Tim :wacko: