thinking about building a granite tractor

might be ordering a granite tractor soon but dont know of many options. dual exhaust, interior wood trim etc. are things like that available with the 2019’s and newer? it would be pulling a dump trailer and 50 ton lowbed so is the mp8 505 with a maxitorque 18 speed sufficient enough? plenty of power? moderate power? just enough? how will it do on highway hills? just looking to get some questions answered with advice with these newer trucks.

Powertrain wise, I have the 505c+ with a 13 speed.   I only run up and down I 15 from Cali to Canada so I have plenty of pulls.  I am always 80,000 lbs and this thing pulls great.  I was actually a little leary of a 13 liter coming from a 15 475/1850 ISX and a c15 ACERT 475/1850 before that.  This 13 would run with either of those engines all day long and get better fuel economy doing it.  With the 18 spd,  I couldn't imagine you being underpowered even for 100,000 lbs.  Unless you are currently driving something with 800 horse.....

Have an '18 with the 505 and 18LR, it has the 44s with 4.19s. Grossing up to 115,000. Pulls great. So quiet and smooth, it doesn't even feel like you're working it hard. Tops out at about 78  mph with those gears.

20170627_091803.jpg

• Like 1

Had 12 model; 505c, 18sp. 3.98’s, pulled great when injectors were good. They love low rpm. It’s according to area on reared ratio. With the gears I had it was set for 55 to 60mph. It would run way faster but not for fuel mileage.