Need more power e9 500

AussieE9525

You can get double the hp and torque out of an E9 if you drive it like is your own. I don't know if there is anyone down under that knows what to do. First thing would be search for someone that turns up E9's. If it is an all mechanical engine more fuel and boost is all that is needed. Increasing the RPM's and timing advance will help too. 

Turn up fuel in stock pump, increase RPM's by 500 or so. This will have to be done at a fuel pump shop. Advance time to no more than 19* BTDC. Emissions will not pass.  Replace turbo with BW400S/78mm turbo for up to 800HP at wheels, best choice, or BW500S/92mm for up to 1200HP. That high is unusable or practical for daily use. This is not constant power but realistically 650-700HP can be usable for a while. Engine life will be a factor and accelerated if abused. Smaller BW400s will start to spool, build boost, at 1100-1200RPM not 800RPM as stock. Most important 4000 plus pound clutch and upgrade drivetrain (stock will break).

Edited by AZB755V8
spelling

Considering that Parts are becoming more & more  unobtainable by the Day.. 

I'd leave It alone & enjoy It for What it is.. A Classic Old truck..

Just MY 2 cents worth...

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -