Looking for a Box Truck

glitchwrks

As I posted in another thread, I'm looking for a small to medium box truck. Currently have a few CL trucks lined up to go look at, including a Mack Midliner. I'd love to find something like this little MB-400:

Seems anytime a MB shows up, I don't have the money or it's on the other side of the country! Top characteristics are diesel engine, manual transmission, and under 26K GVW (or usable at under 26K, I believe I can plate it at under for private use). Air brakes and/or lift gate would be a huge plus. My wife would be totally ecstatic if I'd happen to come across a B-cab :) Overdrive would be nice but I'll mostly be moving personally owned stuff around in a 100 or so mile radius so it's not essential. Prefer single axle.

Edited by glitchwrks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, glitchwrks said:

As I posted in another thread, I'm looking for a small to medium box truck. Currently have a few CL trucks lined up to go look at, including a Mack Midliner. I'd love to find something like this little MB-400:

Seems anytime a MB shows up, I don't have the money or it's on the other side of the country! Top characteristics are diesel engine, manual transmission, and under 26K GVW (or usable at under 26K, I believe I can plate it at under for private use). Air brakes and/or lift gate would be a huge plus. My wife would be totally ecstatic if I'd happen to come across a B-cab :) Overdrive would be nice but I'll mostly be moving personally owned stuff around in a 100 or so mile radius so it's not essential. Prefer single axle.

OMG! What a thing of beauty! ha   .....Hippy

Yeah, that's a good looking MB box truck, eh?! I like the looks of the old cabovers, and you can't beat the maneuverability and visibility out of them.

Hippy's got the MB I looked at in Bluefield a few years ago -- even left a deposit, and then my family picked on me so hard about how buying a truck + lowboy for $5000 was such a waste of money that I bailed. Felt bad and never even went to get my deposit back. Then that fall one of them had the nerve to make a, "if we only had a semi" comment when putting up hay :)

Will probably come to a deal with carlotpilot since he's basically in my backyard...and I know not to make that mistake a second time!