Going to be getting rid of this 72 R model:

Rob

Nothing really for sale but let me know if you need any parts. Always looking for something so let me know if you have anything to trade. I'm going to start separating this into component parts later this and next week and send the balance across the scales. Hate to do it but I've been picking parts off of it for almost 18 years and the pickens are getting slim. The 4.17 rears are good shape and I'm going to roll the tandems out for reuse someplace. The frame is no good, the 14' dump cylinder was repacked about a year before the truck was put out of service in 1999 and has been idle since. King pins are tight and front spokes, (24.5")  are not bent. There are no front brakes. The passenger side square tank still have fuel in it from all those years ago so assuming it doesn't leak. I installed the 237 engine and five speed trans into another R model back in 2001 so the poor frame has been setting that long. I've cut three large sections from the cab for donor sheet metal into other R models over the years and the cab is no good.

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

They have had water intrusion and busted on both sides. I looked at them today.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It has the old Gemmer, (Prior to Ross acquistion) steering gear which is manual. Still seems to be good however. I drove the truck to the shop almost 120 miles without problems upon purchase many years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

What size fuel tank and what do you want for it? Any pictures?

I have no idea to size but will look tomorrow. Both hold fuel but one is missing the skid plate type insert for your foot. Which side are you needing?