Not politics, not trucks, just brain clutter

grayhair

Several months ago wife and I were visiting our daughter #2 and her hubby at their home in Corpus.  We all went out for a birthday celebration party.  Wife and I came back to the house early, about midnight and went to bed.  I was sleepin' good but then was awoken later by noise of a door slamming when daughter finally came home.  I rolled over and looked at the  clock on the night stand.  Clock said quarter 'till three.  Inexplicably, that old song (from 1961) came roaring back into my brain and stuck there for several weeks.  Quarter to Three was top of the charts in 1961.  Turns out the saxophonist, Gene "Daddy G" Barge is still alive at 91 years old and the singer Gary US Bonds is still kicking too.  I found an early version on YouTube and then a later one of those guys reunited about 5 years ago that I thought was a pretty cool video.  Probably makes me a geezer if I like a song from 1961 but  maybe you too can enjoy at least the revisited version.

Old:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7cAZhW-WGs

Cool Revisited:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQdQf8vN_NI

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, grayhair said:

Probably makes me a geezer if I like a song from 1961 but  maybe you too can enjoy at least the revisited version.

Nothing wrong with being a geezer. There are plenty of us around. Thanks for sharing the memories.

• Like 2