Midliner Engines

Trying to identify the motor in a Mack Midliner I'm working on, it's a cs300p, and i was told that the 200 series had a 175hp Renault diesel motor, and the 300 series had a 210hp Mack diesel motor. Can anyone confirm this? Also trying to find out what can be done for more power, as in turbo mods and pump mods.

I'll confirm the suspicion as had several of both in rollback service. Can't answer about upgrading the power as never did. I did find the 210hp engine to be far more reliable in service over a couple hundred thousand miles too. Rust likes the cabs and sheet metal of the CS series.

Both engines you mention are Renault designed and built. The 210hp, and 220hp, (Mack E-3 series) versions have six individual cylinder heads and are easily identified from the 175hp engine which has a single cylinder head.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Individual cylinder heads and rocker covers. Only Renault engines in both 210hp, and 220hp. They are NOT Mack engines but Mack designated them the E-3 series.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Very conventional in design and really nothing to look for except oil seals between each cylinder head which sometimes leak. It's a French designed engine so be aware that cylinder #1 is against the firewall of the cab and not the front of the engine. The french seemingly have always got to do the same thing different.....

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Very conventional in design and really nothing to look for except oil seals between each cylinder head which sometimes leak. It's a French designed engine so be aware that cylinder #1 is against the firewall of the cab and not the front of the engine. The french seemingly have always got to do the same thing different.....

It's on the correct end if you are retreating backing up.

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

When they have a ways to back up they deploy the national safety flag at all four corners which are bright white in color.

• Like 1