Model B: Cab Vent assembly

I had one in the roof of my B and we removed it right away when we got it the truck and started to restore. If I where you buy a small fan they sell and mount it to the Dash, they work much better and you will avoid all the possible rotting issues around it. 

I have that style of vent in my bunk.  Works well.  Open either way(front or back) and had detent to hold it. You can get chrome versions too.  I can get you sizes if interested.

My cab has a passenger side vent.  It has a rod coming in the cab to operate it, though it is broke off(and I don't use it since I have a/c).  It is under the air cleaner(I have the big cleaner, not the winter/dual inlet style).

In the picture, to the right of the heater there is a panel.   There used to be a knob sticking out the little hole that you pushed to open the vent.  The door over the opening would direct the air into the heater or open for fresh air.

SDC11023.JPG

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Option I thought about involved a trip to a junkyard.    The style you have pictured looks like a bunk vent from an international that mounts in a rubber gasket.  Peterbilt, KW, and freightliner have similar bunk vents that rivet in place.   If your going to cut a hole  maybe you could find a wrecked truck to find a matching pair of donor vents cheap.